Why Sell my RV on Autotrader?
Autotrader satisfies passion for specialized vehicles and the open roadGet Started
Select your Ad Package
Frequently Asked Questions About Selling a RV
How do I sell an RV?+ −
The fastest way to sell a RV online is to follow these five steps:
- Get your motorhome ready to be sold. Make any repairs, clean the RV, organize all the paperwork and records.
- Take lots of high-quality interior and exterior photos. If you can make a video about your RV and include it with your listing, it’ll help your RV sell.
- Determine a price for your RV, by assessing the market and demand for your motorhome. NADA’s RV pricing guide can help you determine what your RV is worth.
- Write a detailed description and then list your motorhome on RVs on Autotrader.
- Finalize the sale with the buyer and then transfer ownership.
Where can I sell my RV?+ −RVs on Autotrader has the largest and most diverse motorhome and travel trailer market online. Trusted and reputable RV dealers and private sellers have been selling their RVs with us since 2008.
What if I don’t have a title for my RV?+ −Many states DMV’s can issue a replacement title if your RV doesn’t have one. Check with your state’s DMV for the exact cost and required forms.
What paperwork do I need to sell my RV?+ −
Regardless of if you’re selling a motorhome, travel trailer or camper trailer, there are several documents you’ll need to sell your used RV privately:
- Maintenance records
- Transferable warranty (if applicable)
- As-Is documentation
- Odometer disclosure
- Certificate of Title
- Bill of Sale
What scams could I encounter when selling my RV privately?+ −
These are popular scams a fraudster may try to use on unsuspecting RV sellers:
- Buyers who are overseas on a “business trip”
- Buyers who offer to pay via Venmo, gift card or other online money payment services
- Buyers who offer to pay above the RV’s asking price
- Forged or counterfeit money order, cashier’s check, or wire transfer
- Offers which include the cost of shipping the RV (motorhome transport scam)